OVERALL STANDARD FEATURES
- Heat Sealing Area - 15 in. deep X 22 in. wide. (380mm x 560mm)
- Manual SINGLE aluminum shuttle, clear anodized, mounted on smooth 1” diameter stainless shafts w/non-lube linear ball bearings
- Two hand Banner Opti-Touch safety rated start sensors (not an incorrect single button) per OSHA requirement, ergonomically correct positioning
- Emergency stop, includes stationary safety shields
- Heating Elements - 240v or 480v, Heavy flat 1” heat plate w/internal heaters, 6000w
- Seal Platen - precision machined flat ½” aluminum, Dupont Teflon Silverstone coating is included
- Electrical Requirements - 220/240v; 480v, 1ph or 3ph, others available (specify at time of ordering)
- Sealing Pressure – adjustable to over 10,000+ pounds, precision stationary support surface for tool shuttle alignment
- Air reservoir included; 4.7 gallon ASME rated; includes ASME pressure relief safety valve
- Air Dump Safety valve, OSHA approved.
- Floor Space – 33” wide X 50” deep (84cm X 127cm) approx. Rear cabinet model.
- Machine mounted on non-mar casters w/height adjustment & brakes
- Rigid welded steel tubular framework w/powder coating paint White standard. NEMA 12 enclosure(s).
- Stainless steel guarding and framework cover panels
- Quick change lift off tooling supports (removable) to support 1” tool plate
- Air Usage - 11-13 CFM @ 80 PSI at 4 cycles per minute. Supply @ 100psi with 3/4”+ dia line min.
- Air filter (5 micron) included, ¾”NPT inlet required
- Sealer is ready for operation upon connection to air and electric power.
- Weight - 860 pounds approx
STANDARD CONTROLS FEATURES
- Mitsubishi PLC FX3u
- Beijer 10” iX T10F-2 color touch screen operator interface terminal (OIT-HMI); stores multiple recipes, requires ID/PW sign-in for Operators.
- Barcode reader port (powered) for inputs, ex UDI
- On-screen programmable Time and Temperature controls w/alarm limits is standard
- Individualized operator, supervisor/engineer or calibration unique sign in ID/PW for assigned access levels by administrator.
- Printer port for PCL5 printer output of UDI data.
- Data Logging memory of all sign-on access, changes and UDI process data per each cycle. Memory accessible for manual offloading (standard) or optional network upload. No edits permitted.
- Redundant automatic over temp safety cutoff control circuit at 300F; Factory Mutual approved controller.
- Electronic process monitoring with temperature & air pressure sensor fail-safe alarms for parameter settings, PW protected.
- Four (4) dual lead special grade thermocouples for control feedback & accurate individual temperature calibration & displays on OIT while providing signals to calibration ports for simultaneous reading.
- Individual thermocouple calibration connectors (4).
- Alarm screen detail history list on screen and in memory.
- Low profile Banner multi-color signal light
- Pressure regulation w/precision manual adjustment & liquid filled precision gauge
- Pressure validation port for easy calibration gage connection to pressure circuit (1) with calibration screen on OIT.
- Timer calibration connector (1).
- Eye level controls including PLC screen, reset(s) and others.
- English or Metric units of measure readouts (English is default, specify at ordering if Metric desired).
- Password protection capable for recipe creation and calibration screens.
- Air Usage 11-13 CFM @ 80 PSI at 4 cycles per minute. Supply @ 100psi with 3/4”+ dia line min.
- Single exhaust port with 20 micron filter; or for connection to discharge line from room.
Owner’s manual (1 copy) with operation instructions, maintenance information, recommended spares list, schematics, Atlas Vac calibration document and Atlas Vac PLC programs on CD ROM. Sealer is ready for operation upon connection to air and electric power; air filter included. Any additional FAT, or other documents and procedures, may require additional charge based on scope and hours needed to complete.
Tooling nests not included, quoted separately.
15:22 OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Auto Shuttle System; electrically operated for extremely smooth cycle, single speed with gentle acceleration and deceleration of shuttle. Interlocked with Banner hand sensors for safe platen operation. Reduces operator repetitive motion fatigue and harsh displacement of tray contents.
- Direct Force Sensing System (patented) provides a digital reading of the force (lbs.-force) exerted by the tray sealer press against the tray or blister seal tool area (requires controls option a & b below, auto regulation). Results from adjustments in press air pressure can be directly read on the PLC operator screen. By knowing the lbs-f exerted across the tray sealing tool face, packaging engineers can more closely monitor design variables. Defining the desired lbs-f in a tray sealing protocol can accommodate variations in air pressure, brands or models of tray sealers, and even tooling designs. Speeds validation experiment settings with new package designs. For reference only, not a closed loop system.
- Seal Tool Recognition System; RFID electronic sensing feature for accurate program changeovers, requires Process Control System option for pre-programmed menu selections matching the tool ID, no tooling mix-ups ever again. RFID chip on the tooling verifies the use of the correct PLC recipe on every cycle.
- Tri-color tower stack light. Green=OK, Red=heat fault, Blue=air fault (note: Low profile Banner indicator light is standard)
- Stainless steel framework, welded 3/16” rectangular tubing far superior to angle iron and sheet metal, includes stainless steel controls cabinet. Special option.
- Light Curtain, Category 3, OSHA Compliant. Requires Auto Shuttle + Auto Pressure options above. Provides vertical light curtain across protected tool loading area. Category 3 OSHA compliant with separate safety circuitry. Keyence light curtain system integrated to press air supply valve and electric shuttle motion circuit for operator access safety. Any light curtain violation will require the cycle to re-home and start over. Eliminates the standard Banner Optitouch hand sensors and is replaced by single green push button to initiate the entire cycle. Standard single channel pneumatic control valves are replaced by dual channel Ross safety rated pneumatic control valve system. Auto Pressure regulation is still provided by standard Festo system per above.
15:22 PROCESS CONTROL & DOCUMENTATION OPTIONS
a) Upgrade to standard manual pressure regulator. Auto Pressure Process Control System including additional programming to Mitsubishi PLC & Beijer operator interface, pressure transducer using I/P transmitter for automatic programmed fine air pressure closed loop control with PLC controlled auto regulator though OIT screen setting. Always includes AV standard digital pressure and temperature monitors with alarm system on OIT. Provides Auto Air Pressure Control settings on the screen in lieu of standard manually set regulator. Stores 99 programs and can utilize optional tooling ID sensor system to prevent mix-ups and operator delay or errors on changeovers (see Tool ID System).
b) Seal Parameter Documentation System with above Process Control System including Mitsubishi PLC & Beijer HMI, intelligent operator with USB output of pressure transducer, alarms and cut-off external signals in PCL5. Provides communication channel to PCL5 printer for printing parameter information to labels or report document on every cycle (standard) or to a lot run report (optional). Printer not included (ex. HP Laserjet P2015).
c) Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC and PanelView Plus 700 systems in lieu of Mits & Beijer HMI
d) Atlas Vac Network System. LAN or PC communication system, requires option a & b above plus this upgrade of Mitsubishi Operator interface memory, uploads data by Ethernet to client network server for data storage and report functions.
e) Calibration Services, IQ, OQ, other
f) Translations of PLC Screens and Manuals
g) CE rating certification
h) UL listing on controls cabinet
TOOLING AVAILABLE, PRECISION CNC MACHINED
· Simple lift off tooling, CNC machined aluminum rigid design that locks into place quickly
· Design and retrofit services for non-Atlas Vac Machine units including Alloyd and others.
· Aluminum tool nest assembly w/molded FDA silicone seal gaskets, easy change of gaskets
· Aluminum nest assembly with optional die cut silicone seal gaskets for some configurations.
· Aluminum nest assembly hard anodized standard.
· Relieved hot plate option to reduce heat transfer in middle of tray where product is touching the underside of the lidding material
· Seal Tool Recognition System electronic ID sensing feature used with Process Control System providing special sensing feature to match tool with selected program in stored memory